How to Heal Your Heart Chakra: 33 Affirmations & Mantras
If you’re struggling with giving or receiving love then this may be a sign of a blocked heart chakra. Heart chakra affirmations are a powerful tool that will help you to heal, open and unblock the heart chakra and experience more fulfilling relationships. But how do they work? Let’s explore this a little further;
What are Chakras?
The chakras are the major energy centres of the body. Each has a distinct location on the body, is represented by a different colour, resonates at a particular solfeggio frequency and is responsible for regulating certain emotions.
These energy centres store past and present trauma both in the body and subconscious mind which leads to physical, mental and emotional hardship. Affirmations are a powerful tool that are used to unearth this repressed trauma and help to reprogram the subconscious mind. As the trauma is unearthed you will gain a greater awareness of your emotional blockages, which can lead to healing and transformation.
If you're a beginner, it's important to unblock the first 3 foundational chakras first beginning with the root chakra, then progress to the sacral chakra, solar plexus and then heart chakra when ready.
What is the Heart Chakra?
The heart chakra is the fourth chakra and is located at the centre of the chest. It’s responsible for regulating emotions relating to love, compassion and forgiveness. It’s represented by the colour green and resonates at a frequency of 639hz, listening to this frequency while reciting your affirmations can be a helpful tool to unblock this chakra.
Much of the suffering associated with a blocked heart chakra date back to repressed trauma from our formative years as a child, as we observe and absorb the way our families, friends and society view, give and receive love and forgiveness. It's also where we store all of our emotional baggage from past relationships.
These repressed feelings lead to blockages in the heart chakra which can cause emotional hardship that can wreak havoc on your mental health.
Is My Heart Chakra Blocked?
If your heart chakra is blocked then you could be suffering from a number of symptoms. These generally manifest in two extremes; an under-active or over-active heart chakra.
Under-active Heart Chakra Symptoms
- Fear of intimacy
- Difficulty accepting love
- Emotional Isolation
Over-active Heart Chakra Symptoms
- Holds on to resentment
- Lack of self discipline
- Difficulty forgiving
- Lack of compassion
- Clingy in nature
You could potentially be experiencing one or a combination of these symptoms, each of which are blockages stored in the heart chakra. Practicing affirmations will help to unearth the issues stored in the body and subconscious mind, which will lead to healing and transformation.
Why Should I Use Affirmations?
Our subconscious minds are on a constant loop. You think around 90% of the same thoughts today that you did yesterday. All of the thoughts that keep popping up in your head are on auto-pilot without you even realising it.
If you’re struggling with matters of love, compassion or forgiveness then the likelihood is that your subconscious loop is mostly negative. Practicing positive heart chakra affirmations is a simple way to start to reprogram the subconscious mind and work through stored trauma in the body.
It becomes even more powerful when you connect the words of your affirmation with a heightened emotion and belief.
Heart Chakra Affirmations & The Law of Attraction
Although you may have heard that affirmations are just reciting positive words over and over again, it's much more than that. You can’t simply say “I deserve love” and expect yourself to suddenly feel that way.
The law of attraction states that “like attracts like”, so if you believe deep in the subconscious mind that you don’t deserve to be loved, then you’re not matching the affirmation with the right emotional frequency. Your subconscious mind will know that the words “I deserve love” aren’t true and will continue to signal that you don’t deserve it.
Not only should you say the words “I deserve love” you should feel it as deeply as you can.
Visualise how it would feel to have love and feel deserving of it; are you happy, where are you, who are you when you're loved, what does it feel like, how are you expressing yourself? By matching your emotional frequency to your affirmation’s desire you are sending out signals of a new truth.
How to Recite Heart Chakra Affirmations
There are many ways to recite affirmations and everyone does it differently. You can do so while you’re meditating, doing yoga, on your commute, in bed or in the shower.
The most important thing to remember is that you’re taking a conscious amount of time to be present in your day. Though there are many different ways to recite your affirmations, the most powerful is in a moment of calm and silence, so that you have the time to visualise your affirmation and feel it deeply. We recommend reciting your affirmations in the following way;
- Choose 3-5 affirmations that best resonate with you
- Find some time where you can be alone (put your phone on silent)
- Sit or lie down with your spine straight
- Close your eyes
- Take deep conscious breaths
- Take a deep inhalation through the nose, into the belly, then the chest
- Hold at the top of your head for 3 seconds
- Exhale through your mouth like you’re blowing out a candle
- Repeat this breath 3 times
Now that your mind is in a calm state you’re ready to practice your affirmations
- Clear your mind
- Recite your affirmations either out loud or in your head
- When reciting your affirmations try to feel the words as if they are already true, believe in the words that you’re repeating (this will get easier with practice)
- Repeat your chosen affirmation as many times as you can until you feel the emotion flood through your body
- Take a breath and let go
- Move on to your next affirmation
- Repeat this everyday for 1 week to see if this method resonates with you
33 Heart Chakra Affirmations for Healing
- I deserve love
- I give and receive love with ease
- I attract love like a magnet
- I love myself unconditionally
- I am enough
- I am grateful for the people in my life
- I am open to love
- It is safe for me to love and be loved
- It is safe for me to express love
- I attract good, kind and generous people
- I am letting love into my life
- I let go of all past burdens
- I let go of negative experiences
- I let go of all past relationships
- I forgive those who have hurt me
- I forgive those who have done wrong by me
- I forgive myself for past mistakes
- I am letting go of all emotional ties
- Loving energy flows through me
- I am ready to live life freely and unburdened
- I deserve fulfilling relationships
- I am worthy of love and care
- I am compassionate and caring
- I see the good in everyone including myself
- I am a powerful manifestor of love
- I am aligned with the highest frequency of love
- I lead with love
- I am worthy of praise
- I am worthy of connection
- I embrace my imperfections
- I am at peace with my past
- I honour my heart
- My love is a powerful force
We’ve all experienced heartache whether from a lover, friend, family member or spouse. When we repress our feelings relating to these emotions we can experience blockages in the heart chakra which can negatively impact our mental and emotional health.
If you take time to practice heart chakra affirmations you can help to heal and balance this chakra which will lead to a stronger relationship with yourself and others.
We encourage you to practice these affirmations once a day for a week to see if you feel the benefits of this practice. It generally takes around 30 days for the subconscious mind to create new neural pathways, so continue to practice and see where it leads you. Once you’ve opened the heart chakra you’re ready to move on to the throat chakra.