Law of Attraction and the Chakras
The law of attraction has become quite a popular and well-known principle in pop-culture, but how does it relate to the 7 chakras?
When your chakras are blocked, you simply can't use the law of attraction. Why?
Because you have subconscious blockages that are sabotaging your law of attraction manifestation. Let's explore this a little further.
What is the Law of Attraction?
The law of attraction is said to be one of the 12 Universal Laws. The 12 Universal Laws are said to be the most intrinsic and unchangeable laws of the universe. Essentially, they apply equally to everyone without any exception.
The law of attraction is the basic principle that you attract whatever you mentally focus on. For example, if you're someone who thinks very negatively about everything then you will attract more negative experiences and vice versa. While this principle seems quite simple, it's actually easier said than done.
Why isn’t the Law of Attraction Working for Me?
Not all thoughts are conscious. You might not realise it, but your subconscious mind is on a constant loop, thinking around 90% of the same thoughts today as it did yesterday. Essentially, your mind is stuck on auto-pilot.
The subconscious mind also happens to be the place where you store all of your beliefs, values, memories, trauma and past experiences. That's why you often have random memories pop up without you even knowing where they came from.
We start to establish our subconscious programming between the ages of 0-7 years old. During this time, both hemispheres of our brain are firing, as we absorb information from our families, friends and society like a sponge. By the time we're 8 years old, we've fully developed our personal identity or "Ego" through this conditioning, which follows us into adulthood.
For those who have unresolved issues, past trauma, resentment, fear or anxiety, the likelihood is that their subconscious narrative is mostly negative, and therefore attracts more negative experiences. Thankfully there are many modalities designed to help reprogram these thoughts and thereby attract more positive experiences.
One of the more powerful being to unblock your chakras. Bringing awareness to your chakras will help you to understand what emotional trauma you need to work through. This is generally quite a challenging time, as you confront all of the things that are subconsciously holding you back.
What are the Chakras?
Our chakras are energy centres in our bodies that correspond with different emotional frequencies. The 7 main chakras run along the spine and are closely connected to the vagus nerve.
The vagus nerve is the communication centre of the body, it connects the brainstem to our major organs and is also responsible for regulating our emotion. Working through the chakras with techniques such as breathwork, affirmations and meditation leads to stimulation of the vagus nerve which can help to unearth trauma related to each centre.
Each of the 7 chakras corresponds to a certain emotional frequency. For example, the sacral chakra which is the second chakra, is located below the naval, and associates with creativity and sexual energy. If you’re feeling creatively repressed, having intimacy issues, an overactive or under-active sex drive or are prone to emotionally isolating yourself, this would be an indication that your sacral chakra is blocked.
Law of Attraction and the Chakras
When your chakras are in alignment, it means that you have worked through any past trauma or blockages that are mentally holding you back. Healthy and unblocked chakras mean that the subconscious brain is, for the most part, thinking good thoughts.
Good thoughts attract good experiences. In the same way, blocked chakras means you're living in negative thought and therefore will attract negative experiences.
By learning how to balance our chakras, we can create better alignment with the law of attraction and start attracting more of what we want into our lives. The basis for this idea is that our thoughts and actions are both energy, and that, like energy attracts like energy.
“Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way” - Albert Einstein
List of 7 Chakras and Emotions to Work Through
- The Root Chakra: The root chakra is located at the base of the spine and is associated with survival instincts, safety and security. Signs of a blocked root chakra are fear, anxiety and scattered energy.
- The Sacral Chakra: The sacral chakra is below the naval and is linked to sexuality, intimacy and pleasure. Signs of a blocked sacral chakra are repressed creativity, lack of sexual drive, withheld intimacy and emotional isolation.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: The solar plexus is located below the chest and concerns your personal identity, confidence and self-esteem. Signs of a blocked solar plexus are low self-esteem, manipulative behaviour, control issues and misuse of power.
- The Heart Chakra: The heart chakra centres around love, compassion and forgiveness. Signs of a blocked heart chakra are depression, distrust, difficulty accepting love and maintaining relationships.
- The Throat Chakra: The throat chakra is your expression centre and is about authenticity, speaking your truth and using your voice. Signs of a blocked throat chakra are shyness, arrogance or anxiety.
- The Third Eye Chakra: The third eye chakra is linked to psychic consciousness, wisdom and intuitive ability. Signs of a blocked third eye chakra are lack of direction, confusion and lack of clarity in life.
- The Crown Chakra: The crown chakra relates to spiritual enlightenment. Signs of a blocked crown chakra are cynicism and close-mindedness.
I think we’ve all had a moment in life when someone told us to “think positively” and we rolled our eyes and shrugged it off. Well, turns out they were right. In order to harness the true power of the law of attraction you first have to work on your subconscious self-chatter.
If you’re reliving negative moments from your past or worried and anxious about your future then chances are your subconscious mind is not attracting positive outcomes.
We all struggle with this, but there are ways to consciously reprogram your subconscious thoughts. Working with the chakras through meditation, affirmations, breathwork, journalling or going to therapy will all contribute to shifting your subconscious narrative.
It takes time, practice and hard work to get to this kind of alignment, but if you take the right steps you may begin to feel the law of attraction working in your favour.