The Frequency of Authenticity [Explained]
You might have caught human biologist and bio-hacker Gary Brecka clips on TikTok speaking about "authenticity being the highest human frequency". But, what does that even mean? We're here to explain.
The concept of "frequency" in the context of emotions and the human body is rooted in the idea that all matter and energy, including our thoughts, emotions, and physical body, vibrate at certain frequencies.
While the concept of emotional frequencies is often explored in spiritual and solfeggio frequency contexts, it's intriguing to frame it alongside more scientifically grounded tools like the SPANE (Scale of Positive and Negative Experience) scale. Developed by Diener et al., the SPANE scale measures a person's positive and negative experiences, providing a structured way to assess emotional well-being.
- Basic Concept: At its core, the idea of frequency in this context refers to the rate at which something vibrates or oscillates. Everything in the universe, according to this theory, has a vibrational frequency, including our thoughts and emotions.
- Connection to Emotions: Emotions are often described as having frequencies because they are seen as energy states. Positive emotions like love, joy, and gratitude are thought to vibrate at higher frequencies, while negative emotions like fear, anger, and sadness vibrate at lower frequencies.
Neuroscience and Psychology Behind Frequencies
- Brain Waves: Neuroscience shows that different mental states are associated with different brain wave frequencies. For example, beta waves are linked with alertness and concentration, alpha waves with relaxation, theta waves with deep meditation, and delta waves with deep sleep.
- Emotional Impact on the Body: Emotions impact the body in various ways. For instance, stress (a low-frequency state) can trigger the 'fight or flight' response, releasing cortisol and adrenaline, while happiness (a higher frequency state) can boost the immune system and improve overall health.
- Subconscious Mind: The subconscious mind, which operates below the level of conscious awareness, plays a significant role in regulating our emotions and reactions. It's believed to be more receptive to the frequency of thoughts and emotions, impacting our automatic behaviors and belief systems.
Why Authenticity is the Highest Human Emotional Frequency
The concept of authenticity being the highest frequency of emotion stems from a blend of metaphysical ideas and psychological theories rather than from empirical scientific evidence. Here's a breakdown of why authenticity is often viewed this way in certain spiritual and self-help circles:
- Alignment with True Self: Authenticity is about being true to one's own feelings, thoughts, and desires. It is considered a high-frequency emotion because it signifies a state of congruence between one's internal state and external expression. This alignment is thought to bring about a sense of harmony and peace.
- Reduction of Internal Conflict: Authentic living reduces the dissonance between who a person is and who they feel they need to be. This reduction in internal conflict is believed to elevate one’s vibrational frequency.
- Positive Emotional Resonance: Authenticity often leads to positive emotions like joy, love, and contentment. These emotions are associated with higher frequencies because they reflect a state of well-being and satisfaction.
- Psychological Well-Being: From a psychological standpoint, living authentically is linked to greater mental health, lower stress levels, and higher self-esteem. These aspects of well-being might be interpreted as indicators of a higher emotional frequency.
- Energetic Perspective: In energy-based spiritual beliefs, authenticity is thought to allow energy to flow more freely through the body. Blockages or inauthentic living, in contrast, are seen as leading to lower vibrational states such as fear, guilt, or shame.
- Enhanced Connections with Others: Authenticity can lead to deeper, more genuine relationships. These connections are often viewed as higher frequency interactions because they are based on honesty and genuine emotion.
How to Raise Your Frequency
- Mindfulness and Meditation: Practicing mindfulness and meditation can help in becoming more aware of your thoughts and emotions, allowing you to consciously choose higher frequency states.
- Positive Thinking: Cultivating a habit of positive thinking and gratitude can elevate your emotional state, thus raising your frequency.
- Authentic Living: Embrace your true self. Authentic living involves recognizing and expressing your genuine feelings, thoughts, and desires.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Physical health impacts emotional health. A balanced diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep can help maintain a higher vibrational frequency.
- Emotional Healing: Addressing and healing emotional traumas and unresolved issues can remove blocks that keep you at a lower frequency.
- Creative Expression: Engaging in creative activities that resonate with you can be a powerful way to express your true self and, in turn, raise your frequency.
While the concept of frequencies related to emotions and authenticity is more metaphysical than scientific, it offers a framework for understanding how our emotions and authenticity can impact our overall well-being.
Embracing authenticity and striving for positive emotional states can contribute to a healthier and more fulfilling life.