How to Use Solar Plexus Affirmations to Manifest
If you’re someone who struggles with confidence, self-esteem or will power then you may have a blocked solar plexus chakra. That’s okay though, you can use affirmations to help heal this emotional centre. But how? Let’s explore further:
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
The solar plexus is the third chakra and is located below the chest and above the naval. It is the centre which is responsible for your self-esteem, confidence and personal identity. It’s represented by the colour yellow, resonates at a frequency of 528hz and is represented by fire.
This fire is said to either burn too brightly or barely at all, meaning issues relating to this emotional centre are one of two extremes either; lack of confidence or over confidence. When your solar plexus is balanced, you feel confident, positive about life, open and honest with yourself and others.
When it is blocked you will experience a number of harmful effects both on the emotional and physical body. If you're practicing to unblock all 7 chakras, we recommend starting with the root chakra and sacral chakra before getting started with the solar plexus.
Blocked Solar Plexus Symptoms
Due to the location of the solar plexus, a blockage of this energy centre can manifest in both emotional and physical symptoms.
Emotional symptoms relating to the solar plexus chakra are all based in your personal belief systems and self confidence. Experiences from your childhood are a huge determining factor in the way that you store trauma relating to this chakra. Emotional signs of a blocked solar plexus chakra are;
- Lack of confidence
- Lack of self-esteem
- Manipulative behaviour
- Victim Mentality
- Control Issues
- Misuse of Power
- Obsessive Behaviour
The solar plexus is an integral part of the nervous system and plays a vital role in the function of the kidneys, stomach, liver and major glands. When your solar plexus is blocked you may experience the following physical symptoms:
- Digestive Issues (IBS, constipation or diarrhoea)
- Eating Disorders
If you are experiencing any of the above physical or emotional symptoms, then you have trauma relating these issues that is stored in the subconscious mind and the body. Affirmations are a great way to work through this repressed emotional trauma and reprogram your negative subconscious thoughts. But how?
Why Should I Use Affirmations?
Affirmations are a powerful way to reprogram the subconscious mind. We don’t realise it, but our subconscious thoughts play on a loop, repeating 90% of the same thoughts today as we did yesterday. Essentially we're stuck on auto-pilot.
The subconscious mind also happens to be the place where we store all o four memories, past experiences, beliefs and values. If you’re someone who, for instance, has self-esteem issues then the subconscious mind replays all of the same insecurities over and over again, to reiterate that you lack self-esteem. You're stuck in this vicious cycle of negative thought and negative outcome, without you even realising what's happening.
This subconscious programming goes back all the way to your childhood. Between the ages of 0-7 years old both of the hemispheres of your brain are firing, absorbing all of the information that you observe from your families, friends, society and surroundings like a sponge. This is where you develop your personality or “Ego”. By the time you’re 8 years old your personality and belief systems are so deeply ingrained that they follow you into adulthood.
Positive solar plexus affirmations can help to reprogram these belief systems and shift the subconscious chatter in your mind. Once you realise that the subconscious mind is sabotaging you without your conscious awareness, then you’re able to pinpoint where your issues are coming from. When you practice these affirmations you’re sending new signals to the brain. When practiced consistently you will reprogram the subconscious mind and switch to a new default setting.
Affirmations & The Law of Attraction
Although you may think that affirmations are just the practice of repeating words and phrases, it’s a little more complex than that. There is a right way to practice your affirmations. You can’t just simply say the words “I am open to new experiences” and expect yourself to suddenly be so. It’s about matching the vibrational frequency of those words.
The law of attraction states that “like attracts like”, so if you’re someone who is generally very fearful of new experiences, then you're not meeting the emotional frequency of your affirmation. Not only should you say the words, but you should feel them deeply, as if they were already true.
As you say the words “I am open to new experiences” think about who you would be if this were true; how does it feel, what are these new experiences, what are you saying yes to, who have you become?
When you match the words with an elevated emotion you’re activating the solar plexus and sending new and powerful signals to the subconscious mind.
The more you practice, the more you're reiterating the truth of those words to the subconscious mind and will start to reprogram a new default setting for your thoughts.
How to Use Solar Plexus Affirmations
Now that you know to match the words with an elevated emotion you can start to practice your affirmations.
This can be done in many different ways, from practicing in the mirror as you say them out loud, creating a vision board, practising during yoga or breathwork exercises, writing them down in a place where you will see them and practice once a day, writing them in a journal or your notes app or repeating them while you have a little spare time in the day.
While these methods are great, we recommend practicing your affirmations during meditation as follows for the most powerful results:
- Choose your top 3 affirmations
- Keep them simple and specific
- Memorise them so that you don’t have to refer to paper
- Find some time during to be alone in a quiet space (phone on silent)
- Sit or lay down ensuring your spine is straight
- Take slow deep breaths to ground yourself
- The breath pattern; in through the nose, into the belly, then the chest, held at the top of the head for 3 seconds and out through the mouth like you’re blowing out a candle
- Repeat this breath 3 times
Now that you have cleared your mind it’s time to recite your affirmations
- Close your eyes
- Continue to breathe slowly and deeply
- Focus your attention on the area below the chest and above the naval (see image above)
- Say your first affirmation in your head or out loud
- Feel these words as deeply as you can, believe that they are already true
- Sit in that feeling for as long as you can (this will be challenging at first but you’ll get better with practice)
- Repeat the affirmation 3 times
- When you’re ready, move to the next affirmation
39 Solar Plexus Affirmations
- I embrace myself
- I stand in my personal power
- I love who I am
- I determine my worth
- I am open to new experiences
- I fearlessly try new things
- My thoughts are positive and fearless
- I offer the world a unique perspective
- I am capable of achieving everything I desire
- I make decisions with confidence and conviction
- I am open to all possibilities
- I am the creator of my happiness
- I stand firmly in my power
- I am in control of my thoughts
- I am radiant and magnetic
- I release myself from my past
- I release any pain that I am holding onto
- I am more than my past
- I stay firmly in the present moment
- I am valuable to myself and others
- My life has meaning
- I am comfortable in my power
- I live authentically
- I never apologise for who I am
- I am perfect, whole and Complete
- I am aligned with my purpose
- I achieve whatever it is I desire
- I am fearless in my pursuits
- I hold the key to my happiness
- I believe in myself
- Where my focus goes my energy flows
- I attract prosperity and success
- I love who I am and who I will become
- I take bold steps toward my goals
- I have everything I need
- I determine my value and self-worth
- I am ambitious and capable
- I create positive experiences
- I am enough
Practicing solar plexus affirmations is a powerful way to heal and balance this chakra. The emotional and physical symptoms that arise from a blockage of this chakra can be quite overwhelming.
You may find that you become emotional when practicing these affirmations and that’s okay. You are releasing any built up energetic blockages in the system. The more that you practice these affirmations and match it with an elevated emotion, the more you will feel the benefits of the practice.
If you feel as though you have a blocked solar plexus chakra, give these affirmation methods a try and see how they make you feel.
We’d love to hear about your solar plexus affirmation journey. If you practice these affirmations and would like to share your story or just have any questions, please feel free to contact us!